Who is your customer?
The better you know your current and potential customers, the easier it is to tailor your product, service or offer to their needs, expectations and even limitations.
Key questions you should know the answer to:
- Who buys your products?
- Why does he buy them?
- Why does he buy them from you?
- How to attract new customers and build customer loyalty?
- What do your customers like? What do they dislike?
- What motivates them? What annoys them?
- What problems and needs do they have? How are they currently meeting them?
- Where do your customers look for product information?
- How do they search for them? What phrases do they use?
- How, when, where and for how much do they buy?
- How to reach them?
- What habits do they have of using your product or service?
Making business decisions based on only residual information or intuition rather than data-backed knowledge can result in colossal failure, which even major giants like Kodak and Blockbuster have suffered. If you're looking to communicate effectively with your customers and scale your business effectively, the first thing you need to do is look for answers to the above questions.
- You will find out who your customer is and what they need
- what motivates them to use your services,
- how quickly they adapt new technologies,
- if and which channels you are able to reach them through.
- You will be able to anticipate their needs and frustrations
Knowledge of your clients' motivations, pains and behaviours will allow you to predict what new problems, challenges and frustrations will arise in their lives. This will enable you to offer exactly what they need or will need in the near future.
- You will invest in projects and features based on real needs, not on questionable assumptions, guesses or incomplete data.
- You will learn what and how to say to your customers
Effective communication of the benefits of your product or service is only possible if you know the needs, motivations, pains, values and even personality traits of the people you want to reach.